If you have concluded that your career is at a standstill, or if you want to explore how your current skills can more quickly advance your career in a different environment, it is now time that you consider looking at a growing, dynamic technology consulting company in the Indianapolis area. Our company is looking for those highly motivated individuals who want to join a fast paced team that is continuously helping our clients improve their overall company performance.
Job Description: Our company is looking for a full-time position as a Microsoft SharePoint designer and/or developer. Experienced candidate must be a skilled application developer who can work both individually and also thrive in a team atmosphere. Responsibilities will include: interacting with clients to determine requirements/specifications, performing programming and/or analysis duties and producing specific deliverables relating to various phases of the systems development life cycle.
- Work with business users to design and develop SharePoint solutions to address needs and opportunities, and propose changes that would make the SharePoint environment a more effective solution
- Defines transition steps from the current to future application architecture including introduction of new features and interoperability with existing applications
- Develop, configure and maintain SharePoint sites, document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections
- Perform programming, testing and implementation tasks of SharePoint Portal and Windows SharePoint Services. Design, develop, and implement Web applications and SharePoint Web-parts, and then perform all aspects of testing (unit, integration, quality assurance and User Acceptance Testing)
- Design, develop and implement web-enabled applications using .Net, C#, VB.Net and other Microsoft technologies
- Perform typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training and issue resolution
- Create, maintain and deploy SharePoint templates and InfoPath forms
- Assist the business development process through sharing technical concepts that will solve client business issues
1. Work Experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with SharePoint 2007/2010, including at least 1 year with SharePoint 2007 administration (site creation, document libraries, etc.). ASP.Net/C#, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007, SharePoint Designer and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Looking for 5-8 years of overall IT experience
2. Technical Experience
3. Solid grasp of MOSS 2007 design and implementation
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010, MS Office 2010, Microsoft.Net 3.5 or above, InfoPath, Workflow and SharePoint Designer
- Understanding of the following languages: C#, XML, ASP.Net, AJAX, CSS, WCF, WWF, HTML and SQL
4. Academic Background
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
5. Professional Skills
- Experience that includes deployment of custom web parts, templates, custom list types and objects, solution packages and features, SharePoint Designer
- Experience in creating .Net C# custom controls, user controls and deploying to SharePoint
- Experience in developing/maintaining/executing unit test scenarios to validate application functionality and integration
- MCP/MCTS SharePoint is a plus
6. Consulting Skills
- Flexible attitude to play multiple roles, if necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate user requirements into technical requirements
- Technical creativity while having experience contributing to architecture and design discussions
- Critical thinker with excellent problem solving skills that can make independent decisions within area of responsibility and expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team based environment
Guilford Group, LLC, Indianapolis' leading IT solutions company, specializes in business advisory, application development, mobile technology, business intelligence and emerging technology services. These services are primarily targeted to assist clients in the areas of revenue generation, cost containment and capital management. Guilford Group collaborates with businesses and other organizations to advise and develop custom technical solutions as well as provide ongoing maintenance, support and consultation. Our consultants enjoy participating in an aggressive compensation structure, generous benefits package, and divers technology opportunities while working in a flexible, casual work environment.
As stated, this is a full-time position. Our business model is based on a long term, career building relationship that nurtures and individual for professional growth and excellence.
If you are interested in being part of a fast moving environment with opportunities to grow professionally and make a significant impact then send your resume to Lori Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.