If you have concluded that your career is at a standstill, or if you want to explore how your current skills can more quickly advance your career in a different environment, it is now time that you consider looking at a growing, dynamic technology consulting company in the Indianapolis area. Our company is looking for those highly motivated individuals who want to join a fast paced team that is continuously helping our clients improve their overall company performance.
Job Description: Our company is looking for a full-time position as a Java Web Application Developer. Candidate must be a skilled application developer who can work both individually and also thrive in a team atmosphere. Responsibilities will include interacting with clients to determine requirements/specifications, performing front-end (GUI) and back-end (Java, SQL) programming and/or analysis duties and producing specific deliverables relating to various phases of the systems development life cycle.
- Work with business users to design and develop web application solutions to address needs and opportunities
- Perform programming, testing and implementation tasks on Java-based web application projects, and be involved in all aspects of system testing (unit, integration, quality assurance and user acceptance)
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices, and web application solutions
- Like others on the team, be the public face of web application development in the organization; to demo and evangelize frameworks and API's, to effect good user adoption, to provide specialized application consulting services with regards to system development and architecture
- Develop programming specifications, logic flow charts, and to process diagrams and implement program logic
- Assist in integration of cutting-edge web applications with Legacy systems
- Perform support and issue resolution tasks for owned systems
- Assist the business development process through sharing technical concepts that will solve client business issues
1. Work Experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with Java Web Application technologies and Oracle
2. Technical Experience
- Solid grasp of Java Web Application frameworks: Spring, Struts, J2EE, JSP
- Understanding and ability to write complex SQL and Oracle stored procedures
3. Academic Background
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
4. Professional Skills
- Experience that includes configuring, deploying and building web applications using the following: Ant, Maven, Apach Tomcat, Glassfish and Websphere
- Experience in creating AJAX or EXT based web pages using MVC design pattern
- Experience developing Java servlets that deliver data, process user requests and form submissions
- Strong competency in Eclipse, Java NetBeans or Rational IDE
- Prior experience working with COBOL
- Experience in developing/maintaining/executing unit test scenarios to validate application functionality and integration
5. Consulting Skills
- Flexible attitude to play multiple roles, if necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate user requirements into technical requirements
- Technical creativity while having experience contributing to architecture and design discussions
- Critical thinker with excellent problem solving skills that can make independent decisions within area of responsibility and expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team-based environment
Guilford Group, LLC, Indianapolis' leading IT solutions company, specializes in business advisory, application development, mobile technology, business intelligence and emerging technology services. These services are primarily targeted to assist clients in the areas of revenue generation, cost containment and capital management. Guilford Group collaborates with businesses and other organizations to advise and develop custom technical solutions as well as provide ongoing maintenance, support and consultation. Our consultants enjoy participating in an aggressive compensation structure, generous benefits package, diverse technology opportunities while working in a flexible, casual work environment.
As stated, this is a full-time position. Our business model is based on a long term, career building relationship that nurtures an individual for professional growth and excellence.
If you are interested in being part of a fast moving environment and opportunities to grow professionally and make a significant impact then send your resume to Lori Edwards at email@example.com.